There are many strategies for saving for retirement, and the best one for you will depend on your individual circumstances. Here are a few general strategies that may be useful to consider with APO Financial.
Do you know how much your retirement will cost? Have you considered how you will pay for it? Do you know how to generate the retirement income you’ll need?
Saving for retirement is an important financial goal that many people strive for, as it allows them to maintain their standard of living and financial security during their golden years. Here are a few tips to help you save effectively for retirement:
- Start saving early: The earlier you start saving for retirement, the more time your money has to grow through the power of compound interest. Even if you can only save a small amount at first, it’s important to get into the habit of saving regularly.
- Set savings goals: Knowing how much you need to save can help you stay on track and ensure that you’re saving enough. A general rule of thumb is to aim to save at least 15% of your income for retirement. However, this amount can vary based on your individual circumstances and goals.
- Utilize tax-advantaged accounts: There are several types of retirement accounts that offer tax benefits to help you save more effectively. These include 401(k) plans, Traditional IRAs, and Roth IRAs. Each type of account has its own rules and eligibility requirements, so it’s important to do your research and choose the one that best fits your needs.
- Diversify your investments: Diversifying your investments can help to spread out risk and potentially increase your chances of earning a higher return. Consider a mix of stocks, bonds, and other assets to create a well-balanced portfolio.
- Consider working with a financial advisor: A financial advisor can help you create a customized retirement savings plan that takes into account your individual goals and circumstances. They can also provide guidance on investment choices and help you stay on track.
Why Work with a Financial Professional?
There are a few potential benefits to working with a Fiduciary retirement advisor:
- Expertise: A retirement advisor has the knowledge and experience to help you plan for your financial future. They can provide you with information and guidance on saving, investing, and managing your assets.
- Personalized advice: A retirement advisor can help you create a customized plan based on your specific goals and financial situation. They can help you understand your options and make informed decisions about your retirement savings.
- Time-saving: Working with a retirement advisor can save you time and effort by handling many of the tasks associated with retirement planning, such as setting up and managing investment accounts, monitoring your portfolio, and reviewing your progress.
- Peace of mind: A retirement advisor can help you feel more confident and secure about your financial future by providing you with expert advice and support.
Overall, an experienced retirement income advisor like the Fiduciaries at APO Financial can be worth investing in if you want help planning and preparing for your retirement, and if you believe that their expertise and guidance will be valuable to you.
Saving for retirement may seem daunting, but it’s a crucial step in ensuring your financial security in the future. By following these tips and staying disciplined, you can work towards a comfortable and secure retirement.
For many current and future retirees, these can be stressful questions which are often put off and left unanswered for too long. No matter where you’re at in your retirement journey, APO Financial is here to help, no matter the economic conditions. Through bull markets and stock market dips, we help our clients stay on track and reach their retirement goals.
As Fiduciaries, we work to help protect you against many of the risks you may face as you get older. We’ll help you look at the money you’ve saved and create a way to distribute or invest it, so that you have the most money to live on year by year while paying the lowest amount of taxes possible. Our goal is to ensure you never struggle financially throughout your retirement.
Contact us today for more information about our services, products and approaches. We’ll schedule a meeting that is most convenient and comfortable for you, whether it’s in person, virtually or by phone.
© 2023 APO Financial. All rights reserved. Disclosure: Communications such as this are not impartial and are provided in connection with advertising and marketing. This material is not suggesting a specific course of action or any action at all.. Prior to making any investment, insurance, financial or legal decision, you should always seek individualized advice from a financial, insurance, legal or tax professional that takes into account all of the particular facts and circumstances of your individual own situation Investment advice is offered through APO Financial Services, LLC (“APO") 10155 Westmoor Drive, Suite 175, Westminster, Colorado 80021-2627, an investment adviser registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Registration with the SEC should not be construed to imply that the SEC has approved or endorsed qualifications or the services offered or that its personnel possess a particular level of skill, expertise or training. Important information and disclosures related to APO are available at https://apofinancial1.wpengine.com. Additional information pertaining to APO’s registration status, its business operations, services and fees, and its current written disclosure statement is available on the SEC’s investment adviser public website at https://www.adviserinfo.sec.gov. Information relating to annuities is intended for educational purposes only and should not be construed as comprehensive or all-inclusive. Therefore, it should not be regarded as a complete analysis of the subjects discussed and should not be used to make an investment decision. Annuities can be an important part of an overall portfolio but may not be appropriate for everyone. Before purchasing an annuity, it is important to understand the details of the product. Certain products may not be available in your state. The terms of each indexed annuity varies. It is always important to speak to a financial professional. about an annuity’s features, benefits and fees, and whether an annuity is appropriate for you, based on your financial situation and objectives. Participation rates, cap rates and/or index spreads may be subject to change by the insurance company according to the annuity contract provisions. If the insurance company makes such changes, this could adversely affect the return. Guarantees of an indexed annuity are backed by the claims-paying ability of the underwriting insurance company. The surrender charge period for a product may be longer, and the surrender charges may be higher than other annuity products. Indexed annuities are long-term investments. If the annuity contract is surrendered early, there is the possibility of a surrender charge being imposed and/or the funds may be subject to income taxes. The IRS may also impose a 10% penalty on withdrawals prior to age 59 ½, depending on the circumstances. With indexed annuities, there is the potential to lose money, depending on the product charges and minimum guarantee contract provisions. For additional information on annuities, reference the following websites: The FINRA (www.FINRA.org), the Securities and Exchange Commission (www.SEC.gov), Insured Retirement Institute (www.irionline.org), the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (www.NAIC.org) or your state's insurance department.